DEVELOPMENT & LAND USE STRATEGY
SLV works with developers and/or land owners in identifying options and opportunities to maximize the value of a piece of undeveloped property and/or an undervalued or underperforming asset, likely through a local permitting/re-zoning process. SLV will effectively evaluate the opportunity based on a number of different and equally critical factors.
SLV’s Development Advisory Services include:
- Assessment of actual land characteristics
(size, topography, resource areas, vehicular/pedestrian access, proximity to amenities, etc.)
- Highest and best use analysis
- Understanding and assessment of local permitting entities (e.g., zoning and planning boards)
- Understanding of local political landscape and pipeline of existing projects (if any)
- Analysis of what feasibly could be designed and constructed for the site
- Financial feasibility and underwriting budget/assessments
- Market assessments
- Assessment of possible areas of risk relating to permitting, financing and construction
- Assessment of possible legal risk (e.g., abutter appeals, municipal opposition, etc.)
- Time constraints
- Acquisition due diligence
SLV will use its collective experience developed over many different real estate projects to evaluate an opportunity, identify an effective go-forward strategy, and determine how its client and/or partners might recognize the best possible outcome. SLV also leverages its expansive network of professional relationships (e.g., architects, civil engineers, landscape architects, traffic consultants, wetlands scientists) for the benefit of its clients/partners. Moreover, having been involved in many real estate projects, SLV is equipped to provide design guidance and to assess the most effective design/programmatic approach to developing the site even prior to retaining an architect or land use planner.
SLV has the expertise and flexibility to provide services to its partners and clients in any number of different forms or operating structures including: partnerships, joint ventures, fee-based development services, or a straight purchase and sale agreement with the land owner.
INVESTMENT & ADVISORY SERVICES
SLV’s investment strategy is to focus on assets where permitting, redevelopment, repositioning or a change of use creates an enhanced value proposition that can only be effectuated with a deep understanding of local legal, political and market-driven dynamics.
SLV’S Investment Advisory Services include:
- Sourcing Investments & Acquisition Due Diligence
- Joint Venture Structuring & Negotiation
- Financing & Disposition Analysis
SLV LAND USE ADVISORY SERVICES
SLV brings extensive land use planning and permitting expertise to its clients, having been involved with the approval of more than 5,000 units of multi-family housing, as well as having completed more than 3 million square feet of permitting, master-planning and re-zoning activities in and around Boston, along the 128 Corridor and in Westchester County, NY. By bringing a critical and value-based evaluation of a property’s current use, SLV has been able to unlock unparalleled value for its clients and investors by identifying the property’s highest and best use, then mapping out and executing a successful zoning and permitting strategy with local municipalities and state agencies.
SLV Land Use Advisory Services include:
- Land Use Feasibility Analysis
- Site and Project Master-Planning
- Zoning and Permitting Approval Services
- Design Assistance and Support